Saturday, April 5, 2014

156/365

Cyrus got his first really horrible boo boo today! For his birthday we got him his own cutting board and knife, we showed him safe chopping, how to handle, told him the rules that he wasn't allowed to use it without parental supervision, etc. Now to the story, again, prepping for his birthday party, I was all over the place, and left the knife down on the table, and went into the kitchen to start something else. He decided to pick it up and try chopping pretzels. Not smart, at all. Now he's paying for it. We spent from 5:26 until 8:42 in the emergency room. He received 7 stitches! He was such a trooper. He only cried for a brief second while they pumped his finger full of liquids to open the cut, so they could wash it, and stitch! The doctor who stitched him up was fabulous with him, and was so amazed at how well he handled things! He also commented on how good our parenting was because he fully trusted us, and remained calm, told us to keep up the good work, never mentioning the knife being left down. Cyrus is pretty excited to show his pediatrician in 10 days. Oh, boys!


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this...not him getting stitches, but seeing him cradled in your arms. How often are you in the pictures?? Such a sweet, tender moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! While I wish the cuddling came by choice and not because of an injury. I sure did enjoy it. ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw, poor little guy. This is a super, super sweet photo, though. You captured this moment really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for what happened:( I'm glad it wasn't worse...I really like the photo though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet photo. Hope he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shot!! I still cant believe he cut himself the night before his bday :( I am so proud of how brave he was!! Such a big lil man :)

    ReplyDelete