Thursday, April 2, 2015

92/365

Cyrus Jay,

Today is April 2nd, 2015. You know what that means? That means you are 5 years old, today, at 8:09pm! It also means that 1,825 days ago you were placed into my arms after a very long, tiring labor. Well, you weren't exactly placed into my arms, more like nuzzled into my face. I wish that had been different, but had things been different, you may not be here today, so I'll take the face snuggles! I wish I could remember that day as clear as could be, but after the years I've grown to have a few fuzzy spots in my memory, that makes me really sad. That means time is going WAY too fast for my liking.

Sweet, stubborn boy of mine you are 45 1/4" tall and you weigh 47 pounds. Thats a big difference from the 8lb 3oz baby that I snuggled five years ago. I'm so grateful your Dad is the hardworking man he is, and has been able to keep me at home with you, because I've watched all those pounds and inches create who you are today.

You are amazing. You are kind. You are sweet. You are stubborn. You are independent. You are snuggly. You are helpful. You are feisty. You are dramatic. You are crazy. You are beautiful. You are smart. You are funny. You are energetic. You are adventurous. You are enchanting. You are an old soul. You are so lovable!

Cyrus you're always in your undies, I have to beg & plead for you to get dressed. You dance and sing and love music so much, it makes my heart swell. You have so many questions and want to learn so much. You crave facts, and it amazes me what you retain. You told me a white pine tree will have 5 needles, so you know its white, and a red pine will only have 3, your Daddy taught you that and you remembered weeks after! You love legos, and have to go to the lego aisle in any store that has one even if we aren't buying a set. You love playing super heroes but you always want to be the bad guy, and that always puzzles me, but you've got your mind set and I can't change it. Pretending to be a dog is your newest obsession. You makes us pet you, scratch your back and play fetch. It totally weirds your Daddy out, but I just go along with your games! Puzzles are your favorite, you're getting really good at them! Your animals, Tucker, Max and Grey are your best friends- you love them so much! You often ask for a sibling, a sister to be exact, we're not sure if thats going to happen though. Sorry kiddo! Sundays are the day you and Daddy play Mario together, you're a fanatic. You're riding a two wheeler and have been since last May. You're incredible at it, and are being very responsible on the road. It makes me beam with pride! You love chatting with our neighbors, you're a mini adult it cracks us all up! Everyone loves you, and you know it! Monday, March 30, 2015 you bit into a granola bar and got your first wiggly tooth, it hasn't fallen out just yet, but its going to be any day!

 So many changes are happening this year, buddy, I hope you're ready. Cause I'm not exactly sure I am.

I hope you always stand up for what you believe in, never follow somebody if you're not passionate about what they're asking you to do! Stand tall, and strong always. Ask questions, don't be ashamed if you don't know, you'll never get smarter hiding behind fear and insecurities. Always be kind. Always tell the truth. Find something YOU are truly passionate about and follow your dreams, even if it means you're done in two weeks. You tried, thats succeeding! Love with all of your being, and always give if you have it to give. Just be you, because thats the best thing to be. We all have something unique to offer this world, find it and shine bright my son!

I hope you know how much I love you, and how much joy you've brought to my life. You healed me in so many ways. YOU gave ME a purpose. I know I'm not perfect, I know that sometimes I lose my temper with you, but know we're both growing in the life, together, and I'm doing the best I can.

I love you, and all the sunshine you bring to my life!

Stay crazy!

Happy 5th Birthday!

Love, Mom!











No comments:

Post a Comment